Effective goal setting goes beyond simply jotting down a wish list of how much you want to lose and posting it on your refrigerator. Better results will come if you put some work into it and understand that it is an ongoing process. To get started, here are five basic steps to achievable goals:
- Determine the goal in a specific and measurable way
- Ask, "What are you willing to do?"
- Determine the behaviors that go with Step 2
- Make a list of intermediate goals with deadlines
- Keep a detailed training and dietary log
Final Words: Making change isn't easy, but if you approach it in an organized, structured way, you can track your progress and transform your life!